Sunday School Class: Living By Faith According to Hebrews
Sunday, July 08, 2018, 10:15 AM - 11:30 AM
Faith is the assurance of things hoped for. What does that mean? According to the book of Hebrews, people like Abraham, Moses and Sarah have given us a clue and a whole lot more. Come delve into Hebrews chapter 11 and discover what it means to live by faith.
- Faith as assurance of things hoped for and evidence of things not seen (vs1)
- Compare verse 6 to verses 1 and 2 - Faith believes that God is and that he rewards.
- Verse 3 - an example of believing that God is and that he accomplishes things not seen.
- Verse 4-5 - comparing the reward of Abel’s faith to that of Enoch’s faith.
- Noah - faith proceeding from fear of God (v7)
- Abraham - looking for a city while dwelling in a tent (v8-10)
- Sarah - trusting the faithfulness of God (v11-12)
- God is not ashamed of those who desire His promises (v13-19)
- Abraham & Isaac - obedience unto death (v17-19)
- Faith for deliverance of future generations (v20-21)
- Moses - choosing mistreatment over pleasure (v23-27)
- The Exodus - deliverance for a people (corporate faith) (v28-31)
- Sometimes success (v32-35)
- Sometimes suffering (v36-38)
- But ultimately something better (11:39-40)
- Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith (12:1-3)
No materials are required, but we'd love for you to sign up below so we can plan the space and handouts accordingly. Thanks!